Happy New Years!!!
What was your New Years Resolutions last year...do you remember? Did you achieve it? For many people, it starts out as a great idea on January 1st and by January 31st we have completely forgotten about it or give up. Has this ever happened to you? I know it has happened to me! So how do we set goals that we can achieve?
According to Business Expert Darren Hardy, there are 6 Don't to setting New Years Resolutions:
1. Don't try and do to many or to much: don't try to change too many behaviors too quickly. Instead, work on adapting one single new success habit at a time.
2. Don't make it too tough too soon: back your expectations down to something you can maintain.
3. Don't be too hardcore: be realistic. Too much discipline too quickly can sabotage your results.
4. Don't be too rigid: remember to give yourself some room for error. When you fall off course, don't just stay down. Get up and get back on!
5. Don't be too vague: Get very specific about your goals. It's too hard to achieve goals that are not specific or quantified enough.
6. Don't go forward blindly: implement a measurement system so you can track your progress monthly, weekly and daily. It's essential to your success.
Now, apply these principles to your January 1st Resolution and see what happens...You can do it!!!
PS: I would love for you to share your New Years Resolutions with me and let me know how I can support you in achieving your dreams!